Generic Alesse (Ovral-L Contraceptive Tablets by Wyeth) - Product Information
Ovral-L contraceptive tablets manufactured by Wyeth, are a low dose combination of Ethinyl Estradiol and Levonorgestrel used to prevent pregnancy. Each Generic Alesse combined oral contraceptive tablet contains 0.03 mg Ethinyl Estradiol and 0.15 mg Levonorgestrel.
Name of the Drug
We supply Ovral-L manufactured by Wyeth Ltd.. Ovral-L is sold under different brand names and drug combinations such as Alesse, Aviane, Enpresse, Lessina, Levlen, Levlite, Levora, Lutera, Lybrel, Microgynon 30, Nordette, Portia, Sronyx, Tri-Levlen, Triphasil, and Trivora.
Manufacturer of Ovral-L Contraceptive Tablets
Wyeth a division of Pfizer
Active Ingredient present in Ovral-L Contraceptive Tablets
The active ingredient present in Ovral-L Contraceptive Tablets is 0.03 mg Ethinyl Estradiol and 0.15 mg Levonorgestrel
How to Use Ovral-L Birth Control Tablets
Take Ovral-L birth control tablets (Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel contraceptives) exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor.
Take the first pill on the first day of your period or on the first Sunday after your period begins (follow your doctor's instructions). Take one pill every day, no more than 24 hours apart. When the pills run out, start a new package the following day. Get your refilled before you run out of pills completely.
You may have breakthrough bleeding. Tell your doctor if this bleeding continues or is very heavy.
If you need to have any type of medical tests or surgery, or if you will be on bed rest, you may need to stop using this medicine for a short time. Any doctor or surgeon who treats you should know that you are using birth control pills.
Your doctor will need to see you on a regular basis while you are using Ovral-L (Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel contraceptives). Do not miss any appointments. Self-examine your breasts monthly to check for lumps while you are taking Ovral-L (Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel contraceptives).
Missed Pill Instructions for Ovral L Birth Control Pills
Missing a pill increases your risk of becoming pregnant. If you miss a pill, take the dose as soon as you remember or take two pills at the time of your next regularly scheduled dose. You do not need to use backup birth control.
If you miss 2 pills in a row in week one or two, take two tablets each for the next two regularly scheduled doses (one missed tablet plus one regularly scheduled tablet for 2 days in a row). Use another form of birth control for at least 7 days following the missed tablets.
If you miss 2 pills in a row in week three, or if you miss 3 pills in a row during any of the first 3 weeks, throw out the rest of the pack and start a new package on the same day if you are a Day 1 starter. If you are a Sunday starter, keep taking a pill every day until Sunday.
On Sunday, throw out the rest of the pack and start a new pack of pills that same day. You may not have a period that month, but this is expected. However, if you miss your period 2 months in a row, call your doctor because you might be pregnant.
If you miss a pill, you may become pregnant if you have sex in the 7 days after your missed it. You must use another birth control method (such as condoms or spermicides) as a back-up for those 7 days.
Ovral L Side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have any signs of an allergic reaction including hives, difficulty breathing, or swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Ovral-L birth control pills (Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel contraceptives) and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
• sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, pain behind the eyes, problems with vision, speech, or balance
• chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling
• a change in the pattern or severity of migraine headaches
• stomach pain, loss of appetite, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
• a breast lump
• symptoms of depression (sleep problems, weakness, mood changes)
Less serious side effects may include:
• breast pain, tenderness, or swelling
• freckles or darkening of facial skin, increased hair growth, or loss of scalp hair
• changes in weight or appetite, swelling of your hands or feet
• problems with contact lenses
• vaginal itching or discharge or
• changes in your menstrual periods
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of Ovral-L (Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel contraceptives). Overdose symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, or vaginal bleeding.
Warnings & Precautions
Do not take Ovral-L (Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel contraceptives) if you are allergic or if you have:
• uncontrolled high blood pressure, migraine headaches, or a heart valve disorder • a history of stroke, blood clot, or circulation problems of diabetes
• kidney or liver disease
• adrenal gland disorder
• unusual vaginal bleeding
• any type of breast, uterine, or hormone-dependent cancer
• a history of jaundice caused by birth control pills
• Ovral-L (Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel contraceptives), tell your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
• high blood pressure or heart disease
• high cholesterol or if you are overweight
• liver cancer
• gallbladder disease
• seizures or epilepsy
• a history of depression, irregular menstrual cycles, or history of breast or uterine cancer
• Ovral-L (Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel contraceptives) may raise potassium levels in your blood. Other medical conditions can also affect potassium levels, including liver disease, kidney disease, and adrenal gland disorders. Before using this medicine, tell your doctor if you have any of these conditions. • Do not smoke while using Ovral-L (Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel contraceptives), especially if you are older than 35. Smoking can increase your risk of blood clots, stroke, or heart attack caused by birth control pills. Ovral-L (Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel contraceptives) will not protect you from sexually transmitted diseases including HIV and AIDS. Using a condom is the only way to protect yourself from these diseases.
Ovral L during Pregnancy and Breast feeding
FDA pregnancy category C: Ovral-L (Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel contraceptives) may be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment. It is not known whether this medicine passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use Ovral-L (Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel contraceptives) without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Buy Ovral-L Birth Control Tablets Online at Only $0.42 per Pill
You can buy Ovral-L contraceptive pills online from Clear Sky Pharmacy. Ovral-L contraceptive tablets (Ethinyl Estradiol and Levonorgestrel), manufactured by Wyeth, a division of Pfizer are supplied in a box of 21 tablets. They cost only $0.42 per unit when you place an order for 189 tablets.
The above information is provided to the best of our knowledge and in good faith, it is without a warrant of any kind, expressed or implied.
There are no Shipping restrictions for this product.