Ciplactin Tablets (Generic Periactin) - Product Information
Ciplactin Tablets (Generic Periactin) are used for the treatment of Perennial and seasonal allergic rhinitis, Vasomotor rhinitis, Allergic conjunctivitis due to inhalant allergens and foods, Mild, uncomplicated allergic skin manifestations of urticaria and angio-oedema, Amelioration of allergic reactions to blood or plasma, Cold urticaria and Dermatographism.
This medicine is also used to stimulate the appetite and may lead to weight gain, which is helpful for underweight people. Cyproheptadine tablets are also used clinically as an appetite stimulant for children with failure to thrive (Weight below normal) without underlying organic disease. Ciplactin tablets are manufactured by Cipla Ltd. in the strengths of 4 mg.
Name of the Drug
We supply original Ciplactin tablets manufactured by Cipla Ltd..
Manufacturer of Ciplactin Tablets
Active Ingredient present in Ciplactin Tablets
The active ingredient present in Ciplactin tablets is Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride . Each Ciplactin tablet contains 4 mg of Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride.
Ciplactin Tablets (Cyproheptadine HCl) - Dosage
The dosage should be individualized as per the needs and the response of the individual patient. Each tablet contains 4 mg of the active ingredient Cyproheptadine HCl. The dosage of Ciplactin Tablets is as follows:
The total daily dose for adult patients should not exceed 0.5 mg/kg/day. The recommended starting dosage for adult patients is 4 mg (one tablet) three times a day. The dose should be adjusted according to the size and response of the patient.
Children Aged 7 to 14 years:
The normal starting dose is 4 mg (one tablet) two or three times a day. The dosage has to be adjusted as necessary to the size and response of the patient. The maximum dose for children aged 7 to 14 years is 16 mg a day.
Cyproheptadine HCl Tablets Dosage for Weight Gain in patients 13 years and older (Also for treatment of Loss of Appetite including Anorexia Nervosa; Off-label):
The recommended dosage is 2 mg orally every 6 hours.
Ciplactin Tablets (Cyproheptadine HCl) Contraindications
Ciplactin Tablets are contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to Cyproheptadine HCl and other medicines having a similar chemical structure.
- Due to the higher risk of antihistamines for infants generally and for newborns and premature babies in particular, antihistamine therapy is contraindicated in lactating mothers.
- This medicine should not be used in newborn or premature infants.
- This medicine is contraindicated in patients undergoing Monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor therapy
- Angle-closure glaucoma
- Stenosing peptic ulcer
- Symptomatic prostatic hypertrophy
- Bladder neck obstruction
- Pyloroduodenal obstruction
- Elderly, debilitated patients
Warnings and Precautions When Using Cyproheptadine HCl Tablets
Overdosage of antihistamines including Cyproheptadine HCl tablets, particularly in case of infants and young children, can produce hallucinations, central nervous system depression, convulsions, respiratory and cardiac arrest, and death.
Antihistamines can cause mental alertness to be diminished. Conversely, specially, in young children, they may occasionally produce excitation.
Antihistamines can have additive effects with alcohol as well as other CNS depressants, e.g., hypnotics, sedatives, tranquilizers, antianxiety agents.
Patients must be warned about engaging in activities that require a high level of mental alertness and motor coordination, such as driving a car or operating machinery.
Antihistamines are more likely to cause dizziness, sedation, and hypotension in elderly patients.
Cyproheptadine HCl has an atropine-like action and, hence this medicine should be used with caution in patients with History of bronchial asthma, Increased intraocular pressure, Hyperthyroidism, Cardiovascular disease and Hypertension
Ciplactin Side Effects
The side effects of Ciplactin Tablets (Generic Periactin) are given below:
- Central Nervous System: Sedation and sleepiness (often transient), dizziness, disturbed coordination, confusion, restlessness, excitation, nervousness, tremor, irritability, insomnia, paraesthesias, neuritis, convulsions, euphoria, hallucinations, hysteria, faintness.
- Integumentary: Allergic manifestation of rash and oedema, excessive perspiration, urticaria, photosensitivity.
- Special Senses: Acute labyrinthitis, blurred vision, diplopia, vertigo, tinnitus.
- Cardiovascular: Hypotension, palpitation, tachycardia, extrasystoles, anaphylactic shock.
- Hematologic: Haemolytic anaemia, leucopenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia.
- Digestive System: Cholestasis, hepatic failure, hepatitis, hepatic function abnormality, dryness of mouth, epigastric distress, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, jaundice.
- Genitourinary: Urinary frequency, difficult urination, urinary retention, early menses.
- Respiratory: Dryness of nose and throat, thickening of bronchial secretions, tightness of chest and wheezing, nasal stuffiness.
- Miscellaneous: Fatigue, chills, headache, increased appetite/weight gain.
Cyproheptadine HCl During Pregnancy Tablets
Cyproheptadine HCl has been classified by the US FDA as Pregnancy Category B. Reproduction studies performed in animals with oral or subcutaneous doses up to 32 times the maximum recommended human oral dose and have revealed no evidence of impaired fertility or harm to the foetus due to Cyproheptadine HCl.
Two studies conducted in pregnant women, however, have not proved that Cyproheptadine HCl increases the risk of abnormalities when administered during the first, second and third trimesters of pregnancy. No teratogenic effects were observed in any of the newborns. Nevertheless, because the studies conducted in humans cannot rule out the possibility of any harm, Cyproheptadine HCl should be used during pregnancy only if clearly needed.
Cyproheptadine HCl During Nursing
It is not known whether Cyproheptadine HCl is excreted in human milk. Since many medicines are excreted in human milk, and because of the potential for serious adverse reactions in lactating infants from Cyproheptadine HCl, a decision should be made whether to stop breast-feeding or to stop using Ciplactin Tablets (Generic Periactin), taking into account the importance of the medicine to the mother.
Buy Cyproheptadine Weight Gain Tablets Online at Only $0.16 per Pill
You can buy Generic Periactin (Cyproheptadine HCl weight gain tablets) online from Clear Sky Pharmacy at a cheap price. Ciplactin 4 mg pills, manufactured by Cipla Ltd., India are supplied in a blister strip of 10 tablets. The 4 mg tablets cost only $0.16 per unit when you place an order for 750 tablets.
The above information is provided to the best of our knowledge and in good faith, it is without a warrant of any kind, expressed or implied.
There are no Shipping restrictions for this product.